Monday, March 21, 2011

Monday 21st March

Today we had a thory class where we went over what was needed for the assesment.  Rich wrote up the 7 stages of house construction and wrote detailed notes on each stage so we have some more ideas what to write in our assignment.  I have started writing up my draft for the first part, will try the timeline as well.  In the afternoon we went back to the workshop to carry on the saw horse.  I measured up my top, made the 1 in 3 cuts and chisled out the angles for the legs to be attached.  I marked up my legs with a 1 in 3 angle and cut the line i had drawn.  When i went to attach there was a little gap between my leg and the point where it was supposed to join.  I had marked out from the wrong point.  I had to do a new top, marked it out, made the cuts, chiseled it out which was a lot easier and familiar by now.  Made the straight cuts on the legs and planed them so they fit tightly into the top.  Just need to drill rest of the holes and then nail legs on, before moving on to the end cleats and the braces.

No comments:

Post a Comment